• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't find the old whatsapp backups in my phone

Storex

Lurker
Nov 11, 2021
Hello,
I have an issue with Whatsapp as I am not very familiar with it and I am trying to get help with it.
Two days ago, I cleared the data in my whatsapp accidently (s21 ultra). Then, I pushed the button backup thinking that it will ask me to select the backup file that I have.
But, It seems I deleted the old backup and overwrote it with nothing. Therefore, I lost all my data.
As I know, we can find many backup versions in the phone (Internal storage/Android/media/com.whatsapp/databases). But, I found only one file "mgstore.db.crypt14".

I want to know, if possible :
- How all the old backups were deleted ? is it due to clear data option ?
- Is there any solution to find that old backup ?
- Should I use Data recovery software in order to find what was deleted ?

The smallest help will be more than appreciated.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Hello,
I have an issue with Whatsapp as I am not very familiar with it and I am trying to get help with it.
Two days ago, I cleared the data in my whatsapp accidently (s21 ultra). Then, I pushed the button backup thinking that it will ask me to select the backup file that I have.
But, It seems I deleted the old backup and overwrote it with nothing. Therefore, I lost all my data.
As I know, we can find many backup versions in the phone (Internal storage/Android/media/com.whatsapp/databases). But, I found only one file "mgstore.db.crypt14".

I want to know, if possible :
- How all the old backups were deleted ? is it due to clear data option ?
- Is there any solution to find that old backup ?
- Should I use Data recovery software in order to find what was deleted ?

The smallest help will be more than appreciated.

Thank you,
Amin Gaaloul
1. Yes, doing the "Clear Data" option probably erased the backups. That's why it's important to also upload the backup to Google Drive
2. No, you can't get any deleted files back

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones