• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't Flash 4.2

Now, on the topic of TWRP backups and 4.2... where are they?

I backed up after flashing 4.2 and rooting successfuly. Even restored from the backup. But I can't find the backup it's self in esfile manager or from my PC. I've enabled hidden files to be shown and checked ALL the sd files, (sdcard, /0/, and legacy). The only time I can see the file is if I use TWPR's file navigator.

Upvote 0
Sounds like my experience... :D

I came to the conclusion that rooting 4.2 with Wugs might be broken.
Yup. Same here. Nandroid backups with Wugs came up just empty files.
4.2 craps the sdcard partitions and TWRP can't find the backups. You have to manually place them. If they took at all and aren't just empty files. I'm running Scotts Stock Rooted partially deodexed 4.2 with the kernel that came with it. Spent today trying to get all my stuff back that flashing another kernel broke and trying by trial and error to see which apps are brokenj by 4.2. Devs are scrambling to get their apps compatible and doing a pretty good job.
Known that Franco so far doesn't work with 4.2 but it shouldn't long before loads of kernels and roms start falling out of the closet.

Upvote 0
Now, on the topic of TWRP backups and 4.2... where are they?

I backed up after flashing 4.2 and rooting successfuly. Even restored from the backup. But I can't find the backup it's self in esfile manager or from my PC. I've enabled hidden files to be shown and checked ALL the sd files, (sdcard, /0/, and legacy). The only time I can see the file is if I use TWPR's file navigator.
Right. I had to move them using TWRP(only place they show up) but they needed to be in SDcard/ TWRP/ backups before the TWRP restore function could see them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones