• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cant get 4G to work after flashing CM10 on LG motion

So im a noob when i comes to roms and rooting on android so i dont understand much of the terminology or much else. It took me a while just to convince myself to flash cyanogen mod. So i flashed CM10, Gapps, and C modem. I used this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhnoulznQCo

It seemed to work fine, i am now running cyanogenmod and its great but i cant get the 4g to work. It just stays at 1x and will never go to 4g even tho before i flashed cm 10 4g worked fine. I have downloaded and flashed a few fixes that ive found here and there but none of them seem to work!
My Carrier is Metro PCS.

Please someone help me and try to use terminology that a noob (myself) will understand i will be forever in your debt. Thank you :)

Are you getting a connection?

i think there is a bug where you are actually getting a 4g connection but the status bar doesnt display as 4g
Run a speed test to check your data transfer rate
I did a speedtest with the ookla speedtest app and it says im only getting 0.20 mbps down and 0.27 mbps up, i dont even think that qualify as 3g does it? In the exact spot im in now i usually would get 4G speeds before CM 10, I have full bars.

Upvote 0
@Escobah
I would try this and see if it works for you.

Thanks for everyone's help! Here's what I did, which finally fixed the issue:

1) Using my IMEI from Settings -> About phone, I got the MEID from here: Online MEID Converter - Convert ESN,MEID, and IMEI from HEX/DEC with MetroPCS SPC
2) Using the MEID, I got the MetroPCS MSL code from here: http://www.whiterabbit.org/android/
3) Dialed ##626*, entered the MSL code.
4) Went to LTE Configuration --> APN Settings --> Selected MPCSINTERNET
5) Went to Network Select --> Network Mode -> CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto
6) Backed out of that menu.

Now 4g works, even after a reboot. You guys are great and I hope this helps anyone with a similar problem.

Upvote 0
@Escobah
I would try this and see if it works for you.

That's only for stock. For cm, go to settings- more- mobile networks- network mode and select lte/CDMA/evdo. Also make sure data enabled is checked and also that your phone is not in airplane mode :)
If it is still slow, then use this thread to restore your phone back to stock:http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/610609-guide-unbrick-unroot-lg-motion-4g-kdz.html

Also on cm, 4g is basically shown as 1x
Good luck! :)

Upvote 0
Apparently, the $40 a month is now 500MB. Second day into billing cycle. Tried all different settings and flashes. Went back to stock, using the unbrick guide, before calling *611 to check the UICC number still linked to my account. It was. They said I was over my limit and had to reset something for the new billing cycle. They had me dial *228 I think to re-activate my phone. Waited 15 minutes, tested. Waited a few hours, still wasn't at LTE speeds. Next morning tried speed test again and have LTE. Not sure exactly what fixed it.

Been loading different ROMs. Still can't get GPS lock on any ROM...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones