• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't get Update

Keep trying to check for new software update a box comes up saying that it's checking for new software then the box goes away? push to check again, the box comes then it goes away again! does anyone else have this problem?

I had this happen for a few days. Then one day (yesterday for me) it magically worked. They're probably staggering the rollout for people, so just keep checking, and you should eventually get it. I was checking a couple times a day, and the same exact thing you had happen, was what I got. Then, bam. Patience :)

Upvote 0
I still haven't gotten the update...does anyone know how long the OTA will be rolling out? Or is it already over and my TB was passed over? Beginning to think my phone is off the "grid" or something because I never got the last update previously that caused all the reboots. I'm still running the same version as I was when I bought the phone in April. I check at least twice a day and get the disappearing window.

Upvote 0
Still haven't gotten the update here in Los Angeles.

Same here, also in Los Angeles

However, I was glad I hadn't received it, because I was in NY, staying at a hotel and was able to use WiFi HotSpot feature for free... which is disabled once you update your phone!

Saved me $15 per day, for five days! (well, guess I could have used tethered wifi, but it's soooooo much easier to use wireless)

The update will come in due time. No great improvements, from what I've read.:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones