• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can't install backed up apk

I'm having a problem with re installing backed up apk's - I get to the android screen saying 'do you want to install this application' at the bottom of the screen there is two buttons - the right says 'cancel' and the left says 'install' when I click on the install button it just wont press like it is frozen, although the cancel button works fine. I'm sure this is probably a really simple setting problem but I can't for the life of me work it out, can anyone help with this please?

I used 'clickfree' and also 'app backup and restore' I think the problem is broader than this though as I tried to install swiftkey flow beta the other night and got the same screen (which I think is an indigenous android menu) which wouldn't let me click the install button, this has also happened when I have tried to download icon sets. I have allowed installation from unknown sources in the global settings.

I'm stuck, your help is much appreciated.

Jim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones