• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't log into my Youtube acct on my Droid

I hope someone at Google/Youtube is enjoying the chaos they've stirred up. What a comical mess...

I just realized that all my Gmail since yesterday is stuck in the outbox as well... shows "sending", but nothing's been going out. Can someone else try gmailing a photo or "test" message to themselves to see if theirs is working?

Upvote 0
Can't email pics to anyone... (need that feature BIGTIME for work) almost thinking to go all the way back to rootless, clean 2.0.1, and start all over, but then again, I see others with the same problem, so I know it can't be the phone or a mis-typed setting, can it? There's many threads posted on other droid forums, google troubleshooting, and Motorola support, but NO ANSWERS. Frustrated, but calming down somewhat.

Upvote 0
Yes, this works for logging in, but does anyone know why the app won't remember gmail login information? I'm tired of logging in over and over.

Hey did you ever get this working? I don't know how many curse words I've said to myself when each time I wanted to upload a youtube video and had to login!

What I had done was linked my youtube account to my gmail account. After that, I couldn't log in to YouTube from my phone using my original YouTube account. So I tried my gmail account that I had linked to my YouTube account and all seemed good. I was able to enter my gmail login and password and then could upload a video. However, everytime I wanted to upload again, I'd have to re-enter all that gmail login information.

Finally what worked for me is when the Android asks for my login and password before I upload a video, I entered ONLY the part of my gmail account name before the @. So I left off the gmail.com part.

So if anyone else is having this issue where the Android isn't remembered the login credentials for YouTube and you've linked to your gmail account, try the above.

Hope this keeps someone from smashing their phone! :)

Bill

Reactions: Droidmaniac
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones