• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't move apps to sd even after rooting

gillsman

Aug 26, 2013
I have a Android tablet I bought from Asda, its a Hipstreet Flame 3 running Kitkat 4.4.2. I downloaded & installed Kingroot which is a one click rooting app without need for a computer. I ran the app, rebooted & downloaded a root checker app which verified I am now rooted. I then downloaded an app called SD Fix which says the option to move apps to sd card is removed from Kitkat 4.4 & this app restores that option, after running app it says success.
I then tried a variety of apps in the "Move to SD card" category, all of them say "your device does not support moving apps to SD"
What now ?

Yeah thanks, I tried that one too, I think the problem may be that the Kingroot app is reporting that I'm rooted but maybe I'm not. To be honest I thought a one click solution was too good to be true, I think doing it via a pc is the best way but it looks complicated & I wanted an easy solution but with anything shortcuts are rarely much good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones