1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Can't phone one person?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by taas0, Aug 5, 2013.

1. taas0

taas0 Lurker

I am having an issue with calling one person. Me and my girlfriend text each other a lot. She is in another part of the country, and we both have long distance texting. She always wants me to call her, but sometimes when I do try and phone her, it goes straight to voicemail. Her phone isn't off, and she is not out of range. I have unlimited long distance calling. The thing is, yesterday I phoned her and she answered, it worked, it was fine. But today she wanted me to phone her, but it went straight to voicemail. I know I have unlimited calling. She doesn't have any minutes on her phone, but that doesn't matter since when I phoned her yesterday, she still had no minutes. I called my other friend today, it dialed, no problem.

She checked, I'm not blocked on her phone. She restarted her phone, I restarted mine, still nothing. She deleted me as a contact, still nothing. She's not too bright with anything technology related, so she phoned her service provider, but she didn't understand a thing.

Any help?

Advertisement

2. EricH4753

EricH4753 Android Enthusiast

Have you tried calling your service provider? Also have you tried updating your profile prl etc.

3. taas0

taas0 Lurker

I called them, they don't have anything new to tell me. They said it might just be her service provider, which doesn't make too much sense since she can text but not call? I have never heard of such a thing happen before. And what is a profile prl?

4. EricH4753

EricH4753 Android Enthusiast

Its under settings system update

5. taas0

taas0 Lurker

It's not my phone, it has something to do with her phone. I had a friend call her, and it also went straight to voicemail, and they have a different provider than me. I still have no idea what's up, maybe her provider is screwed up.

6. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

I have a friend on a pre-paid account. When his minutes run out his goes straight to voice mail, but he can still text.