• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't remove write protect on micro sd, card shows up damaged on phone

I recently bought a 16gb micro sd card for my droid. The first time I put it in my phone it worked fine; I was able to add and delete the contents on it. So, I put it in the adapter and into my computer to move the stuff from my old card to the new one with no problems. Then I put the new micro sd into my phone and it showed up as damaged, asking if I wanted to reformat it. I chose yes and after that nothing happened. After having this happen a few times, I put the micro back into the adapter and into my computer. It showed up as write-protected and would not let me do anything to the card. I tried the lock switch trick and still nothing. Just to make sure the adapter wasn't the problem, I put my old micro sd in it and did not get the write-protected message.

Anyway.. I guess what I'm asking is, where should I go from here? Did I do something wrong in the process of transferring data from card to card? Is my card a dud or is there hope for the little guy?

I know I'm asking a lot, but thank you for any and all help :D

EDIT:
Nevermind, I found a solution through another forum.. I would just delete this post but since I'm new I'm not sure how, oops

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones