• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't revert back to OEM default firmware - steps listed

droid_moron

Lurker
Oct 29, 2011
Hello,

New Droid user here. A friend rooted my Galaxy S2 Epic using "Starburst" ROM and "Update SU" The phone has been been acting weird, so I tried going back to the original Sprint firmware from instructions posted on the Internet. However, it is still booting up with Supser User installed and not the original Samsung default firmware

Here are the steps I took:

1. Boot holding up volume and power. Next, wipe cache/data, format, delete all user information - did that twice just to make sure I got everything.

2. Boot holding down volume and power. Go in to Odlin download mode.

3. Lauch Odlin V 1.85 from my desktop, set to "Auto Reboot". Set PDA to "acs-eb30-stock-kernel-pulled.tar" (supposed to be the original firmware I downloaded).

4. Plug in my phone to the USB. Odlin see it on Com port 4. Click "Start" on Oldin. Oldin says completed and reboots.

Could someone please tell me what am I doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

Jamesdean,

That worked. Thank you! So I could better understand this, the "acs-eb30-stock-kernel-pulled.tar" that I loaded wasn't a factory stock ROM but a modified version of it?

Thanks again,

Not sure because I have not used it. I have however used the one I sent you and I like it because it is the stock ROM and only adds root without requiring a wipe and does not change any settings you have prior to the flash.

Glad it worked for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones