• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't see my restaurant menu in Android FB app?

JeabCha

Lurker
Feb 21, 2019
Hi, I am desperate for help and Facebook don't answer my e-mails which is why I am trying here...

I have successfully uploaded my restaurant menu to my FB business page.
My menu can be viewed in FB on Windows browsers, Mac OSX browsers and also on IOS mobile FB app.
BUT, my customers with Android phones are complaining they cannot see my menu!?
The ‘Menu’ tab is simply missing in the Android FB app…?

I have included screen shots of an IOS device with the ‘Menu’ tab clearly showing and a screen shot of an Android device showing the ‘Menu’ tab missing!?

How do my customers, who use Android phones, view my menu?

I have looked all over the internet but cannot find anything about this… Can anyone help me?
Thank you

Attachments

• Menu Android.jpg
    Menu Android.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 634
  • Menu IOS.jpg
    Menu IOS.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 501
I'm afraid its a Facebook for Android issue that only Facebook developers can rectify. Keep bugging them and maybe they'll do something about it. Until then use your browser to access your Facebook site.
Unfortunately ^^^he's right. It may be worth putting a message for Android users to view the page in their mobile browser to view the menu until FB gets off their keister and fixes it.

Upvote 0
FWIW I use Facebook Lite on Android, which I think is really a webview of the FB mobile site, and I never see any specific menu tab feature for restaurants. But then just about all restaurants I actually dine in are not on FB.
I'm afraid its a Facebook for Android issue that only Facebook developers can rectify. Keep bugging them and maybe they'll do something about it. Until then use your browser to access your Facebook site.
There is still no fix available. Is that right???

Upvote 0
Hi,

No, there is still no fix!

At this point, you need to contact Facebook Help page and post a review/complaint on the Facebook Android app page in Google Play. That's about all you can do at this point. I don't know of any other way to get through to them. Not really a fan or or follower of them so maybe someone else can offer some recommendations.

Reactions: MrJavi and Dannydet
Upvote 0
I have included screen shots of an IOS device with the ‘Menu’ tab clearly showing and a screen shot of an Android device showing the ‘Menu’ tab missing!?
If you want to get past Facebook oversight on this, another option is to set up your own web site. There's of course more expenses to this and it's you who are maintaining the site but at that point you have complete control over the content and the appearance, not Facebook. Yes it's a trade-off over the convenience of having your full presence on Facebook but weigh your options as you devote so much time and effort into lobbying it to just do what it should be doing anyway. And this is just a hypothetical but if at anytime, for whatever reason, Facebook nullifies your account with them, that'll be a bigger problem. There's a similar issue happening with Youtube as some creators are getting arbitrary 'violation' notices (i.e. unsubstantiated copyright violations or moral outrage protests brought on by conservative zealots) and all their content deleted.
All that said, I hope things are going well with your restaurant. It looks to be a place I'd be visiting often.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
If you want to get past Facebook oversight on this, another option is to set up your own web site. There's of course more expenses to this and it's you who are maintaining the site but at that point you have complete control over the content and the appearance, not Facebook. Yes it's a trade-off over the convenience of having your full presence on Facebook but weigh your options as you devote so much time and effort into lobbying it to just do what it should be doing anyway. And this is just a hypothetical but if at anytime, for whatever reason, Facebook nullifies your account with them, that'll be a bigger problem. There's a similar issue happening with Youtube as some creators are getting arbitrary 'violation' notices (i.e. unsubstantiated copyright violations or moral outrage protests brought on by conservative zealots) and all their content deleted.
All that said, I hope things are going well with your restaurant. It looks to be a place I'd be visiting often.
^^ Truth, it is hell trying to maintain a web site and maintaining your own soul.

Upvote 0
Yet there's a reality where it's not hell for the hundreds of thousands of people who use a CMS like Wordpress (currently 35% of web sites are hosted by Wordpress) to have their own presence in the Internet. If you manually want to rely upon coding your own HTML to maintain your own site, than yeah, that involves a lot of effort, but there a number of easier-to-use, consumer-focused services available.

Upvote 0
Yet there's a reality where it's not hell for the hundreds of thousands of people who use a CMS like Wordpress (currently 35% of web sites are hosted by Wordpress) to have their own presence in the Internet. If you manually want to rely upon coding your own HTML to maintain your own site, than yeah, that involves a lot of effort, but there a number of easier-to-use, consumer-focused services available.
Way back in the nineties, all I done with HTML.. I used do to weebly and then wix, both are really amazing too.

Upvote 0
Huuh do they get payed by Apple to not fix it?
Yeah that must be it, unfounded conspiracy theory is a good fix for a tech compatibility issue. Zuckerberg is willing to be dismissive of the majority mobile device users because Facebook isn't making any money.

Android world market share being well over 70% - https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/mobile/worldwide
Facebook revenue - https://www.statista.com/statistics/277229/facebooks-annual-revenue-and-net-income/

Upvote 0
Yeah that must be it, unfounded conspiracy theory is a good fix for a tech compatibility issue. Zuckerberg is willing to be dismissive of the majority mobile device users because Facebook isn't making any money.

Android world market share being well over 70% - https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/mobile/worldwide
Facebook revenue - https://www.statista.com/statistics/277229/facebooks-annual-revenue-and-net-income/

Ironical over it a bit, but they have had over a year to fix it now, why just Menu/meny and not other of the links possible to adjust?
all the other links do appear normal, why not Menu? And still it´s over a year to fix it.
OFC why should Apple pay for a thing like that, not intresting for them, but it´s a funny way to be ironic over it.
Wouldn´t FB programmers be able to fix it? They hade a year to do it, least!

Upvote 0
It was a satirical comment to what in most circles is tagged as either conspiracy theory or trolling. If you do actually think Apple is paying Facebook to make its site not work properly for Android users, well, good luck with that . My apologies.
Or if you are just trolling here at AF, my apologies to everyone else as I just made a faux pas (Don't feed the trolls).

As for the OP, whom I doubt is still following this thread, it's not necessarily the responsibility of Facebook developers to fix every submission to the site. For anyone who wants their page to work on Facebook's site, it's up to each person/business, not Facebook, to upload working code.
Re-do your site or hire a different web site developer.

Upvote 0
It was a satirical comment to what in most circles is tagged as either conspiracy theory or trolling. If you do actually think Apple is paying Facebook to make its site not work properly for Android users, well, good luck with that . My apologies.
Or if you are just trolling here at AF, my apologies to everyone else as I just made a faux pas (Don't feed the trolls).

As for the OP, whom I doubt is still following this thread, it's not necessarily the responsibility of Facebook developers to fix every submission to the site. For anyone who wants their page to work on Facebook's site, it's up to each person/business, not Facebook, to upload working code.
Re-do your site or hire a different web site developer.

OK!
So I have to reprogram the Facebook CODE!
GOOSH!
How do I talk with then that will let me do that.

I have checked it on hundreds of paged FB-Pages. And the adjustable menu´s like menu, offers and some more seems to be invinsible only on Androide FB-app. if I use FB-site on Android webreader, any of them I have tried everything works.
If my friends with iPhones use the FB-app everything works. If I use any computer and 5of the most know webreaders everything works.

As I know, there are no webdeveloper that can fix this issue, this are a codeproblem either in Facebook or the Android FB-app.

If it are the FB-app, there are no way to program it for any webdeveloper.
It will be very different if I build the page from scratch, but then it will not fit under FB.
Here at FB you have to use what they have developed.
Have checked international sites of restaurants, same issue, why do they have it to?

And it is only when you use the FB-app in Android.

Very wierd!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones