• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't seem to get wifi tether to work on my VM HTC Evo V 4g

atrain3234

Jul 29, 2013
Hello, I completely rooted my phone with superuser and I have downloaded the WiFi tether app(wifi_tether_v3_3-beta2.apk) on my phone. When I start tethering I get an error message. I tried changing the device profile to generic ics (wlan0) and generic ics (wlan1), enabling routing fix, mss clamping and all that and I still get the message. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue. Thank you.

Hello, I completely rooted my phone with superuser and I have downloaded the WiFi tether app(wifi_tether_v3_3-beta2.apk) on my phone. When I start tethering I get an error message. I tried changing the device profile to generic ics (wlan0) and generic ics (wlan1), enabling routing fix, mss clamping and all that and I still get the message. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue. Thank you.

moved you to the evo v 4g root forum.

have you tried others? you can other versions here: https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list

Upvote 0
Thanks...well I downloaded the latest version from the list and everything works on the tethering app but now my phone is not visual on my tablet

I did some reading, and it seems if you try to tether via an adhoc network, it would most likely won't be viewable on your tablet.

Which goes back to my previous question: have you tried to choose Netd (master) as the Setup-Method in settings?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones