• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant send videos through email

I tried emailing a video for the first time today to various emails but they failed everytime. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also does anyone know how to upload photos and videos when the phone is plugged in? When I click the Import pictures and videos button it tries to upload hundreds of random things I have no clue of, and I cant find the pictures in the folders. Whats the easiest way to do this besides uploading everything then deleting everything I dont need?

Upvote 0
A video file consists of a container (the layout of the file) and codecs (specs for the audio and video).

Your setup is missing a codec for playback (and that you're on Windows?).

You might try converting them to a more popular format, then.

I recommend - MPEG STREAMCLIP FOR MAC AND WINDOWS

And that does require QuickTime - but if as a Windows user, you have an objection to that, the site above gives you an work-alike alternative.

For OS X, you want to also install Perian - The Swiss Army Knife of QuickTime Components

For Windows with QuickTime - Windows Media Components for QuickTime - from Microsoft

Then see if it works with your Windows Media player, and then share with friends and family.

Or - just install the free software and codecs only for your own enjoyment and skip the conversions.

Upvote 0
I know I should probably read the manual...but that just doesn't really explain much. First time user for the Sprint EVO...explain to me in minutes how long the videos have to be to send via text or email with my yahoo account? They did not even attach when I tried to send them through email. I have one that is like 1 minute and 19 seconds. Then I tried to hook it up to the computer and send through regular pc email...what is hotspot?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones