• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't Turn Off TXT notification Icon

Got it. Used these direction with root explorer: Download: New MMS.apk With Custom Settings - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog and this file; 4shared.com - free file sharing and storage - download Works great!!

nEbzr.png

Reactions: anabolina
Upvote 0
OK FOLKS!!! So ive been playing around with this for a few days. I know this is kinda old stuff and old forums but this was really upsetting me. I have a current fix that I would like to post.
1.Load a Galaxy ROM
2.Download Titanium Root from the market
3.Make sure youre not mounted and run the program
4.Go to Backup/Uninstall at the top
5.Find Messaging click on it and do a backup(This will go into a folder called TitaniumBackup on your sd card)
6.Mount and go to your sdcard/TitaniumBackup
7.Create a folder called Galaxy and put everything there in it
8.Now load the rom you want to use I used Take5 rom because i like my vibe
9.Once again get titanium from market
10.Backup your messaging
11.Mount goto titaniumbackup create folder named "your rom" (i did take5)
12.Put your backup files in it
13.Goto Galaxy folder copy all put it back in your titaniumbackup folder and unmount
14.Run titanium app goto backup scroll all the way down youll see messaging with an option to backup go ahead and do so
15.Restart and you should now have notification options

Good Luck!

Upvote 0
OK FOLKS!!! So ive been playing around with this for a few days. I know this is kinda old stuff and old forums but this was really upsetting me. I have a current fix that I would like to post.
1.Load a Galaxy ROM
2.Download Titanium Root from the market
3.Make sure youre not mounted and run the program
4.Go to Backup/Uninstall at the top
5.Find Messaging click on it and do a backup(This will go into a folder called TitaniumBackup on your sd card)
6.Mount and go to your sdcard/TitaniumBackup
7.Create a folder called Galaxy and put everything there in it
8.Now load the rom you want to use I used Take5 rom because i like my vibe
9.Once again get titanium from market
10.Backup your messaging
11.Mount goto titaniumbackup create folder named "your rom" (i did take5)
12.Put your backup files in it
13.Goto Galaxy folder copy all put it back in your titaniumbackup folder and unmount
14.Run titanium app goto backup scroll all the way down youll see messaging with an option to backup go ahead and do so
15.Restart and you should now have notification options

Good Luck!

That seems like a lot of work when you can simply turn off the Handcent notification and set the stock app's notification to open in Handcent.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones