• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cant update to 2.2!

so i unrooted my phone which went smoothly, then i tried to update to 2.2 manually, same process as unrooting basically, however, this time it aborted the update at some point into it. so i now have a stock phone except im not getting pushed the OTA ever and when i look in settings its says my phone is up to date. Do i wait for OTA? i was getting it every time i touched my phone before i unrooted, but no more. any advice?

if you're using the official google update, this is how I had to do it, I took everything off of my sd card(reformatted it fat32) then i put the ota.zip on my card and went into recovery, ALSO there is a MAY OTA I had to update before I did the ota.zip. it took me about a week to figure it out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones