• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car Charging Weirdness

Hi guys,

thought i would share a weird issue with you. Bought one of those 1A car chargers from Ebay that have been much talked about on the forums. Very happy with it, until today.

Tootling along with sat nav on , and Google girl robotically jibberjabbering at me, when i noticed the phone had stopped charging. Charge was about 60% so it wasn't full.

Looked at the charger socket and the charging light had gone out then looked at phone and it no longer had the charging indicator on the battery.

I unplugged the charger from the phone, and lo and behold the light on the socket charger came back on indicating it was ready to charge. So i plugged it back into the phone and the light went out again!

Seems as if sometimes the phone wont let itself be charged? I don't the thing the charger is at fault as it has been working fine, and looks ok when i disconnect the phone from it.

Anyone else experienced these spooky happenings.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones