• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Carmen's Take on the Xperia X10

:DOh dear lord, one pretty girl and the boys are all drooling

Carmen, before you give up your phone it might be worth a try on the following programme... there are some good comments regarding AT&T customers now being able to get the apps they want. I've not used it but came across it trying to help someone else.

Sideload Android apps all you want with the Sideload Wonder Machine | Android Central

Hope you had a nice birthday btw!
The SWM did not work on my X10. I would be curious to see if it works on others and find out what I am doing wrong. :thinking:

Here is the post I made on that site itself.

Upvote 0
The SWM did not work on my X10. I would be curious to see if it works on others and find out what I am doing wrong. :thinking:

Here is the post I made on that site itself.

The problem has to do with adb. I used it with my X10 before I debranded it. I had to restart my computer once after connecting with debug turned on first. It will work.

Upvote 0
Lol taking my thread back JK JK
This is why i love this camera phone

Here are a few harmless pictures i found in my phone(this was my birthday dinner and a slice of cake at the restaurant)
x25bty.jpg

2004ry0.jpg

szva7n.jpg

Upvote 0
I just restarted my computer after connecting the X10 in debug mode. It then picked it up properly. I should point out that I do have the full SDK installed also but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

I would suggest you keep trying. Also, I suggest you end-task pc-companion.exe before trying SWM as that may be interfering with ADB.
I did and still no luck. I am going to give up for now. Thanks for you help.
Lol taking my thread back JK JK
Lol, yummy :D

So did you decide to keep the X10?

Upvote 0
Ok, did you install the ADB drivers on the SD card that comes with the phone? It is in a folder on the SD called CDBrowser. There is a file in that folder called drivers.zip. Unzip that file and run DPInst.exe(32-bit Windows) or DPInst64.exe (64-bit Windows).
I am not using the SD card that came with the phone, I am using the one that came with my Blackberry (my previous phone), could that be a problem?

Upvote 0
Thanks babesss :)

Actually, the more i use it the more im getting attached to it

I had a Victoria Secret themed Party
Basically it's like a sleepover where all the girls are wearing Victoria Secret and my guy friends can wear pajama pants and the camera is coming in handY

On a unrelated note, i am addicted to this forum...i am on it while watching a movie at my birthday party

Haha i need help

I want to be an X10 at a Victoria secret party!

Upvote 0
It's not the SD card that's the problem, however you need the drivers that are on that SD card. Do you still have access to it? You can probably download them as well.
I have the SD card at home (at work now), I can just transfer my personal stuff over to that one and give it another try if you think that will help.

Upvote 0
Ok, did you install the ADB drivers on the SD card that comes with the phone? It is in a folder on the SD called CDBrowser. There is a file in that folder called drivers.zip. Unzip that file and run DPInst.exe(32-bit Windows) or DPInst64.exe (64-bit Windows).
My device is still not recognized. I honestly do give up. Thanks much for all your help.:)
I have it and I have a captivate
my dad got a line for my sister and she got the captivate

Im allowing her to use my Xperia and im testing the captivate out
for the rest of the week
For what it's worth, I had the Captivate for a week then returned it and got the Xperia, looking forward to your take on these two. :)

Upvote 0
What do you think of the Xperia?
Lol, I was hoping you would go first.

I really like it and much more than the Cativate. Mostly the reception, call quality, build quality, GPS, indicator, and being able to read the screen in sunlight.

This is my first Android so I really don't know what I am supposed to be missing :D

How about you?

Upvote 0
Lol, I was hoping you would go first.

I really like it and much more than the Cativate. Mostly the reception, call quality, build quality, GPS, indicator, and being able to read the screen in sunlight.

This is my first Android so I really don't know what I am supposed to be missing :D

How about you?

Hmm...So you think the Xperia has better signal then the captivate??

I think it does as well....This is what is annoying me....

Carmen's Take on the Xperia:
The Blue and the UI...Attracted me and i fell in love but ehhh after d ay of day, i got bored with it

The Camera is phenomenal...no issues what so ever....

1.6....I have a need for multiple gmail accounts and unfortunately Android 1.6 only allows one main gmail account....So i was using 3rd party apps and they sucked ass majorly

GPS and Signal seemed a lot better....

Timescape didn't update manually like i liked it

I actually like the UI but it looked kind of dated

Carmen's take on the Captivate:
It's a beautiful screen

Unfortunately, I lose signal alot more than I did with my Xperia and I have to resend text messages a lot now for some odd reason

The Camera is OKAY...Not bad but not an Xperia

I love the look of the touch wiz and the brightness of it....but at the end of the day it is pretty but not the best functionally

again with camera, i have to touch the screen but it's harder

I love the way games look on the Captivate

I love the multiple gmail access

But the signal issue is a problem....MAJOR PROBLEM!
So now i have two great phones which do better than one in the other area that the phone is weaker in...

UGHHH IDK LOLZZZ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones