• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA/PRIMOC][ROM] Unofficial CM9 for PrimoC Beta

D

Deleted User

CyanogenMod 9 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is an Unofficial release, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

Directions:

Wipe Data, Cache, and system (optional but recommended, this will be the first question if you have FCs or random reboots)
Flash the ROM
Flash GApps
Download the SickKernel (not the one in the zip)
Flash boot.img in fastboot
Reboot into the system (first boot will take several minutes)

Add-ons:
CM9 Theme Chooser Themes Official CM9/AOKP Themes Thread **34 FREE THEMES** - xda-developers

Downloads

Changelog:
Code:
For an updated changelog look here  http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z

-----------------------
Fixed video recording
Possibly fixed touchscreen issues

------------------------
Fixed GPS
Fixed MMS

-------------------------
Fixed Wifi

Working:
-Data
-SMS
-SD Mounting
-Sound
-Mic
-SMS
-Wifi
-MMS
-GPS
-Video Recording - only 480p works - 720p crashes camera.

Broken:
-Pretty much everything not listed above
-Notification LED flashes constantly while charging
-Bluetooth

Cm team. Obviously
Lloir - for getting it done on the GSM side - and listening to me rant, bitch, and get mad at CM9
jmz - getting the primoc started
playfulgod - for actually quite a bit of help with this rom
ihtfp69 - for helping me through some build errors
utkanos - for helping me through some build errors
dougpiston - for showing me the error of my ways​

Reactions: dobbs69
Not sure if I'm missing something, your link in the op for sickernel takes me to goo.im however only jellybean kernels listed not ics. Now I know how to find the correct kernel, just wondering if this link is correct. Btw great work ,I can say this is an awesome Rom. Thank you for the time you donate for our benefit. Oh yeah, saw your profile, is that severville tn? I'm in Chattanooga. If so we're practically neighbors. Lol

edit: had seen your profile on xda, just noticed the "TN" here on AF

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones