• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Change boot logo (androids on skateboards)

droidkevlar

Android Expert
Jan 28, 2010
So I came across this on XDA and thought I would post here. Added some stuff so that it was easier than what was said on XDA. As always, do a NAND backup before doing this. I am not responsible if this bricks your phone. I just did it and it worked fine

Things needed:
Instructions:
  1. Find an or create an image (.png, .bmp, .jpg, or .gif -- 320x480 is preferrable)
  2. Open RGB565 Converter
  3. Ensure that "To RGB565 (binary)" tab is selected
  4. Click "Open Image", select your image
  5. Click "Convert to RGB565" (RGB565 Converter will make your image 320x480 if it is not already)
  6. CLOSE RGB565 CONVERTER
  7. Reboot phone into Fastboot using this command: adb reboot bootloader
    OR Button combo: SEND/CALL + END/POWER
  8. Flash image using this command: fastboot flash splash1 <your_image_name>.rgb565
  9. Reboot phone using this command: fastboot reboot
    OR fastboot oem powerdown if not then remove your battery
  10. View the benefits of your hard work.

I didnt create this. Thanks to sickbox over at XDA for figuring this out and sharing the knowledge with all of us.

OG link: [HOW-TO] [ROOT ONLY] Change boot logo (skateboards, not boot animation) - xda-developers

I used the jpg that he put since I couldnt find any that looked as nice as his did after converting

I tried the exact commands u stated from the [COLOR=&quot;DarkOrange&quot;]xda[/COLOR][COLOR=&quot;Gray&quot;]developers[/COLOR] page, and it didn't work. I have an LG Optimus V with 320x480 screen resolution. I tried using the &quot;flash splash1&quot; cmd in the converter, but that didn't work either. any ideas would be SUPER appreciated...

P.S: What is the &quot;S-OFF BOOTLOADER&quot; i have to flash prior to doing this? :thinking:

This is the Eris forum. You need to be in the LG optimus v forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones