• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Change call log to combine contact history?

Is there a way to combine contact history in the call log? For instance on my old pearl it only showed my contact once in the log and if I clicked the contact it gave me the history.

I'm running 2.2. For each contact my call log shows a # in parenthesis (#). The # sits next to the name of the contact and is expandable by touching it. When touched, it shows the communication with this particular contact and the numbers which were used when in contact with them. The contact information appears to only be for a single day at a time meaning that tomorrow, if I correspond with a contact 3 times, it will show a new entry in my call log for that person with the number 3 in parenthesis like so (3).

I do not remember if this is a specific FroYo feature or not. What version of Android are you running?

Upvote 0
I'm running 2.2. For each contact my call log shows a # in parenthesis (#). The # sits next to the name of the contact and is expandable by touching it. When touched, it shows the communication with this particular contact and the numbers which were used when in contact with them.

I do not remember if this is a specific FroYo feature or not. What version of Android are you running?

That is a feature of Froyo and will be coming.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones