• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Change lockscreen icons

kurtyyyyyy

Jul 23, 2012
Im being a bit fussy now, but thought why not ask. Ive got my homescreen how i want it now, but the icons havent changed when im on the lockscreen. How would i go about doing this..

I want the handcent icon and globe icon from homescreen
oihtw7.jpg

On lockscreen
2q39ahx.png

So how do you change the app icon?

It can be done on home screen and docks in nova launcher just by long pressing the icon and selecting edit, and then selecting the desired icon from an icon pack or installed icons etc.

However, in touchwiz I doubt you can do that much.

In all probability you would have to change the icon at code/dev level for it to take effect on the lock screen, which, even with nova, doesn't take effect because the lock screen calls for the native icon.

Upvote 0
It can be done on home screen and docks in nova launcher just by long pressing the icon and selecting edit, and then selecting the desired icon from an icon pack or installed icons etc.

However, in touchwiz I doubt you can do that much.

In all probability you would have to change the icon at code/dev level for it to take effect on the lock screen, which, even with nova, doesn't take effect because the lock screen calls for the native icon.

Oh i've already done it on my homescreens and docks, that's not an issue.

Are you saying there is no way to change the icon on the lock screen?

Upvote 0
Any luck with this?
I have my entire phone monochrome and electric blue, then the lock screen has big bright buttons, each colored with the most garish shade of whichever hue they'd not yet used.
At the moment, I just have these icons disabled, but I would love to be able to use this simple convenience function without it destroying my theme. T_T

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones