• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing APN settings

I have an HTC Desire (rooted-- CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC1-bravoc). If you need more info on it please let me know.

Can anyone help me change the APN settings so I can make it into a Straight Talk phone? I've tried various apps on the market place but none work.

Thanks!

COURTESY OF 'HADRON' ->

Straight Talk is a US virtual operator.

The thing I notice is that the phone description says "bravoc", ie CDMA. So this isn't just a matter of putting a SIM in and changing APNs.

Unfortunately we don't have CDMA where I am, so I've no experience of this. I have heard of people modifying CDMA phones to work with a different operator, but don't know what's involved, or whether it's possible in this case. Perhaps someone might be able to help you in Straight Talk - Android Forums

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones