• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

changing facebook profile picture?

I was just trying to do this the other day and it drove me crazy.

I tried it from the App, the full site (didn't work due to page formatting), the touch site (didn't have the right options), the mobile site (didn't have the right options). Basically, what it seemed to me was, if you upload a pic, it goes under mobile uploads, which the mobile site doesn't allow you to set as profile pics.

It however allows you to set anything under "profile pictures" as a profile pic... Soo, yeah... since uploads don't go to "profile pictures" I finally gave up and went on my laptop to set my profile pic, which lets you set any pic under any album as your profile pic.

I do not think there is a way...:thinking:

Upvote 0
Do you know if there is anyway to change your facebook profile picture through the phone? I've tried it too and can't seem to figure it out. I downloaded that "Bloo" app and thought maybe I might be able to do it there, but i wasn't able to figure that out either lol. It is kind of frustrating. Do you think it's just not possible to do?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I just managed to do it. Go through the Mobile site (not the full site or the touch site or the official app), find the pic you want, scroll down until almost the bottom of the page, click 'make this my profile picture' and click confirm on the next page. bingo, not too hard...

However, I tried it a few times and it wouldn't work with one pic claiming some kind of connection/communication error, but it worked with all the others I tried.

Upvote 0
i noticed that on mobile uploads it doesn't give you the option. you need to be tagged in the photo and then you'll see the "make this profile picture" link. The way I tag myself in photos is I downloaded the app "Bloo" and then tag myself... then if you go to the mobile site... you'll see the picture and the option to make it your profile picture. Hopefully that helps you out.

Upvote 0
If your still looking, try:
From your handset, Login to mobile Facebook; m.facebook.com
Go to Profile.
Go to Photo albums (at bottom of page).
Go to Upload Photos.
-you should find an "@m.facebook.com" email address. This is YOUR personal email address to use to update status and profile pic. Save it to your contact list on your handset.
When you want to update your profile pic from your handset, just email the pic from your phone to that address and shaboom, shabamm, done.
Hope that helps. ;)

Reactions: TheLamma
Upvote 0
If your still looking, try:
From your handset, Login to mobile Facebook; m.facebook.com
Go to Profile.
Go to Photo albums (at bottom of page).
Go to Upload Photos.
-you should find an "@m.facebook.com" email address. This is YOUR personal email address to use to update status and profile pic. Save it to your contact list on your handset.
When you want to update your profile pic from your handset, just email the pic from your phone to that address and shaboom, shabamm, done.
Hope that helps. ;)

I tried this (thank you for posting this, RRD, btw), and I would just like to note that this process uploads a picture into mobile uploads (the email address you use for this is the same one you can get from the main site when you go into mobile options). HOWEVER, if you go into your newly uploaded photo on m.facebook.com (NOT the app or touch.facebook.com), there's an option at the bottom to make it your profile picture. This is a bit more of a hassle than say on a laptop or an iPhone, but it works!!

Upvote 0
I can't seem to do it. I went to m.facebook but when I emailed the picture it didn't show up in my mobile uploads or as my profile picture.
Any assistance would help.

Flyingspaces, when you said you went to m.facebook.com, you mean you went there to get the email address and check your uploads, right? What I did was sent a random picture of my eyeball to my personal Facebook upload address, and put "test" as the subject line (apparently writing in the main body adds a caption. I think the subject line names the the album?) and sent it. I received email confirmation and went to the mobile site, and it was on my wall / news feed as my latest activity. Clicked on the picture, and there at the bottom was a link for making it my profile picture.

Unfortunately, as Jeeze said, there's no adjusting the thumbnail unless you're on your computer. But hey - I'm cool with that.

Upvote 0
Flyingspaces, when you said you went to m.facebook.com, you mean you went there to get the email address and check your uploads, right? What I did was sent a random picture of my eyeball to my personal Facebook upload address, and put "test" as the subject line (apparently writing in the main body adds a caption. I think the subject line names the the album?) and sent it. I received email confirmation and went to the mobile site, and it was on my wall / news feed as my latest activity. Clicked on the picture, and there at the bottom was a link for making it my profile picture.

Unfortunately, as Jeeze said, there's no adjusting the thumbnail unless you're on your computer. But hey - I'm cool with that.
i dont get what you guys are talking about...i found this thread thru a search to solve the same issue all have...i go to the wall on my mobile facebook and if you click on the picture it opens up and has no option of link beneath it like you say...it just has the same share etc options that i used to send it to facebook in the first place?
my employee played with my phone and couldnt do it...but she whips out her ipod...yes ipod...not iphone even...and takes a pic...clicks to load it to facebook and when she clicks on pic it says would you like to make it your profile picture.
so an ipad in two clicks...makes a photo a profile picture.
whereas a mobile android app makes you have to pull out a full computer version of the site for such a simple silly task.
you telling me that people dont want to be on vacay and take a pic and show off to people back home by making it their profile pic?

something so obvious should not be pulling teeth. i tried emailing but facebook makes getting help hidden.....i think ebay hid...i mean...designed...i mean hid...their cust svc.......

Upvote 0
Sharkhark: A couple questions...

1) Were you in the app? There's no way to do it in the app.

2) Were you on m.facebook.com or touch.facebook.com? As far as I know, there is NO way to do it on the touch website.

3) This is probably a stupid question, but are you viewing the picture, or just looking at it on your wall? You need to click on it first.

That being said, it seems that you're not the only one with that issue. Here's a pic of what I see when I do it:

snap20110116_215232.png

Are you seeing a page like that? If you are, I'm not sure what's up...Maybe it has something to do with browsers? That would be weird, but I am using Dolphin HD and not the stock. Let me know what happens!

And I totally agree - this should be just as easy as on the iPhone. The app itself isn't even close.

(BTW, the picture rules ;])

Upvote 0
I have searched for this but I can't seem to find anyway to change my profile picture on my phone? Is it even possible?

Thanks

I found a Easy way!!
My phone is the LG 3D phone (I don't remeber the name).
so to change you're profile pic,
1) upload the pic to Facebook
2) go to the picture
3) click you're options button
4) go to more and scroll down and there you are
(Remember weit might be different for different phones)

Upvote 0
I have a Huawei Ascend g300.

Click on your 'Messaging' icon to get a list of your conversations.
Then click on the menu button below your screen, click Settings then you will see a title 'Common Settings' look below Common Settings and there is 'My Picture'. Click 'My Picture' to choose a profile photo from your Gallery or take a photo with your camera. Easy

I found it by accident as I was searching how to add a picture of me. Not having a Profile Picture was driving me insane!!!! lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones