• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing Icons on Lock Screen with JB

CharlieD

Jun 2, 2010
Greece, NY
www.dennett.org
I use Handcent rather than the stock text app, mainly due to the ability to have different notification tones for different users.

Back in the ICS days one could go to the manage apps screen and disable the stock text app. Handcent also has a setting to make it the default text app. This would cause the stock text app icon on the lock screen to be replaced with the Handcent icon.

With JB, this no longer works. Handcent still has the setting. However, going to the stock text app in the manage apps screen, the disable button is greyed out. So, the stock text icon is still on the lock screen. Is there a way to replace it in JB like there was in ICS? I can't seem to find a way and I didn't find anyone else complaining about this here. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Charlie

I dunno what else to suggest..have you rebooted the phone? Cleared cache on Handcent? Do you have a cache clearing app? Maybe try clearing all cache...Lastly...tried uninstalling and reinstalling Handcent (after doing a Handcent backup)?

Had already rebooted. I do have a cache cleaning app. Ran that and cleared everything. No change. Deleted handcent. Reinstalled. No change. I must be missing something (and yes, I did an FDR a week or so after the JB upgrade.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones