• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

charging port is broken will samsung replace it?

A

Android Question

My charging port seems to be broken. The only way my phone will charge is when i have the cord at a weird angle which puts the metal part on the charger sideways a little. Ive tried other chargers and they dont work unless its at a weird angle. Ive had charing problems with this phone since ive purchased it. Is there any way to fix it?

The port has to be resoldered into the board. Depending on how much charring has occurred (every time you move the plug to make contact and charge, you make a little spark), the board may have to be replaced. Only Samsung can tell you whether they'll do the repair for free or not. (They'll certainly give you back a working phone if you pay for whatever needs to be done.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones