• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Chrome "Favorites" pages?

Okay I give up. I find whatever this feature is so confusing.

There seems to be things called "Favorite" pages that you can store your pages as in Chrome/Android. It is apparently something different from Bookmarks?

Also, you can apparently have different categories of "Favorite" pages?

I was trying to find out exactly how to invoke this "Favorite" pages menu so I could explain it here, but I can't even figure out how to do it if I try. I only know I have come across it when trying to use bookmarks and I got this thing instead.

So hopefully some of you know what I am talking about.

Here are my questions:

1. What the heck is this?

2. Where are these "Favorite" things stored?

3. How do I get the menu to save something as a "Favorite?"

4. Why would I use this instead of a bookmark? (other than the Favorites list seems to show an image of the page)

5. Most frustrating of all... Once I store a favorite page how the heck to I find the list to use it?!!! I saved a bunch of favorite pages but I can't figure out how to retrieve them at will from Chrome.

My guess is that this is part of the Google app like those "cards" or something? I don't like those things much so I don't use them and don't know all that much about them.

Thanks for any help!

=======
UPDATE EDIT
=======

Okay here's another clue I just remembered. I think the "Favorites" page thing is triggered by a little thing on the upper right of a page **that looks like a bookmark!** But I don't see that most of the time. When I do see it, if I tap it, it seems to invoke the Favorites menu and save it as a favorite. What the heck?! It's even more confusing because it looks like a bookmark. But the bookmark is a star?! I think I finally figured out how bookmarks work, but I can't figure out this Favorites thing....... and that icon that looks like a bookmark makes it really confusing.

Last edited:
Reactions: IdahoJones
Ok, not sure if you still need this info. Also, this only works you have a pixel phone, that I know of.
  • Look at the bottom of your phone screen. There should be a Google quick search bar there.
  • Tap that bar.
  • Next tap the G at the top of the screen. This should take you to the same page as swiping all the way left.
  • At the bottom of the screen tap on More.
  • Then choose "collections"
  • At the bottom of the next screen should be your collections or favorites automatically sorted into similar categories.
  • Click on favorites or a category to find what you are looking for.
  • Star from now on to find faster

Upvote 0
Ok, not sure if you still need this info. Also, this only works you have a pixel phone, that I know of.
  • Look at the bottom of your phone screen. There should be a Google quick search bar there.
  • Tap that bar.
  • Next tap the G at the top of the screen. This should take you to the same page as swiping all the way left.
  • At the bottom of the screen tap on More.
  • Then choose "collections"
  • At the bottom of the next screen should be your collections or favorites automatically sorted into similar categories.
  • Click on favorites or a category to find what you are looking for.
  • Star from now on to find faster

Thank you. I have since found these, lost them again, found them again and so on. What a stupid feature. Many things Google has are so hard to find that they are virtually impossible to use. My phone doesn't work exactly the way you described, but I am able to find the "collections." And you are right, they are there.

Unfortunately, when I open them, I STILL cannot easily bookmark them instead because another pain is that they open in something that looks exactly like Chrome, but apparently isn't Chrome because you have to go to the menu and then select "Open in Chome" to have them open in another browser like thing that looks the same and apparently actually IS Chrome so you can finally bookmark it.

Seems to me they should eliminate this favorites feature. It's worse than nothing.

Thank you for your great response!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones