• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cleaning up after uninstalling an app

R

redwingfaninnc

After I've rooted, backed up with TiBu, and uninstalled bloatware, is it safe to remove their associated folders. For example, I removed telenav, but still have a folder called telenav. Is it safe to delete it, or does TiBu need that fdolder if I opt to restore the program?

After I've rooted, backed up with TiBu, and uninstalled bloatware, is it safe to remove their associated folders. For example, I removed telenav, but still have a folder called telenav. Is it safe to delete it, or does TiBu need that fdolder if I opt to restore the program?
You can remove it, if it is needed later it will just recreate it.

Upvote 0
You can remove it, if it is needed later it will just recreate it.

Yup, I usually go through my SD card looking at those folders and just to be on the safe side I open them up making sure nothing is in them that might look important. Most of the time I see empty folders so I delete them. I know just having a folder doesn't take up a lot of memory but I guess it's like an ocd effect of knowing it's just there and has no purpose so I want to get rid of it lol.

Reactions: borikua787
Upvote 0
Yup, I usually go through my SD card looking at those folders and just to be on the safe side I open them up making sure nothing is in them that might look important. Most of the time I see empty folders so I delete them. I know just having a folder doesn't take up a lot of memory but I guess it's like an ocd effect of knowing it's just there and has no purpose so I want to get rid of it lol.
I hear you, I am the same way.

Upvote 0
I think there may be an app for it. I've heard about "SD Maid" which claims to remove orphaned files.

Edit: I 've tried to app, seems to work ok. It seems to be more of a general system cleanup app.

I was going to recommend that too but it does a better job of removing orphaned files than worthless folders because if there's a folder in a folder it won't remove it because it's not "empty" even if no files are actually present.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones