• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Clockworkmod recovery

I managed to get the directions from right here to work and am currently backing my phone up as I type this. The slider seems to be the same phone, just on a different network. I used Root Browser Lite to move flash_image to the system folder because the terminal wouldn't let me for some reason.

I'm going to try out some of the roms over here later tonight or tomorrow and see if they work.

Upvote 0
I just said it works :p See the sliders LOOKS to be the same phone as the l75c, it's through another carrier so it's named differently. Follow the "Recovery" directions in that first link and you should be able to install Clockwork Mod. I say should because I didn't follow the directions to a T.(used Root Lite like I said) I haven't tested any roms or kernels yet, but getting that recovery mod on is the first step to installing a custom rom.

Also can you boot your phone into recovery mode? I wasn't able to get into any form of recovery before I installed CWM from the that post.

Upvote 0
Also can you boot your phone into recovery mode? I wasn't able to get into any form of recovery before I installed CWM from the that post.

I just tried Power, Volume Down, and Home keys and it booted into what I'm guessing was some form of recovery and it immediately reset everything back to factory...didn't get so much a confirmation that I wanted to perform a factory reset. So now I gotta go through and re-root and reinstall all my apps lol.

Edit: I was able to install CWM using the link mentioned, however, when I tried those button combinations again, the CWM logo would show up for a split second before it swaps back to the LG logo. I can use adb in Windows to reboot into recovery just fine, though, so that'll be good enough for me.

Upvote 0
Hello there.I have a question about clockwork recovery.I'm trying to install'it on a samsung galaxy mini gt-s5570 as i'm tiping this,but it seems is taking a little to much time to do so.I need to know haol long does'it taka to install clockwork recovery.

You might check to make sure that you're using the right method for your device and that you've followed the steps exactly as posted. If done properly it shouldn't take much longer than a few seconds at the flashing stage

Upvote 0
I managed to get the directions from right here to work and am currently backing my phone up as I type this. The slider seems to be the same phone, just on a different network. I used Root Browser Lite to move flash_image to the system folder because the terminal wouldn't let me for some reason.

I'm going to try out some of the roms over here later tonight or tomorrow and see if they work.

Did you ever get any roms to work? :D

Upvote 0
I've talked to DroidHost over at AA51 last night about getting a rom made for the Zip. He had me make a stock nandroid (minus the stock music and video players since I forgot to back those up before removing them and now my Bluetooth is messed up lol) and send it to him so he can see if he can either port the version for the Q or have to start from scratch. Will update once I find out more.

Upvote 0
I have one of these LGL75C phones. Its my first smart phone but I'm learning a lot with it.
Best I can find there are no custom roms for this phone. That being said I built a cooked
ROM from a cwm backup. On installation you a have 139Mb free on device, but requires re-partioning sd card as rom uses app2sd. I'm having problems getting the adw theme set like I want it instead of default theme. When I get a chance I will upload it and post back. I made this rom because a friend borked hers up and wanted me to fix it for herso I know this rom works!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones