• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM 7.0 Nightlies

I have been playing with this for the last couple of days and keep on going back to UD then reinstalling to see if the problems I am having are fixed. Does anyone own the Orb app? I have installed every version since 27 and it force closes every time I try to open it. Same thing with dsp manager. Well, I can get into dsp but as soon as i make a change it will force close and it will no longer let me into the app.

I use the orb app to listen to my Sirius for Howard. I know they have an app now, but it is extremely quiet and Orb has better volume controls.

Is it possible that this is a kernel problem? I was running the stock one but just switched to the modified prime kernel for ver 32 and didn't make a difference. Can I use Froyo kernels or are there GB ones out?

Upvote 0
Is it possible that this is a kernel problem? I was running the stock one but just switched to the modified prime kernel for ver 32 and didn't make a difference. Can I use Froyo kernels or are there GB ones out?

I don't think it's a kernel issue. DSP just isn't working in GB yet ... at least not in all of the GB ROMs that I've tried. It's about the last thing on the list as far as I can tell. Everything else is working just fine for me.

Upvote 0
I don't think it's a kernel issue. DSP just isn't working in GB yet ... at least not in all of the GB ROMs that I've tried. It's about the last thing on the list as far as I can tell. Everything else is working just fine for me.

Correct Joe, DSP is going to more then likely need to update the app in order to work on GB, this doesn't seem to be a CM issue. Not really a big deal for me as CM 7 is just plain awesome everywhere else...

Oh and FYI, your turning off auto rotation idea did the trick for my dock issue :) ... So going to miss this community when I move to my Thunder Bolt. You guys have saved my sanity more then a few times :)

Upvote 0
Oh and FYI, your turning off auto rotation idea did the trick for my dock issue :) ... So going to miss this community when I move to my Thunder Bolt. You guys have saved my sanity more then a few times :)

Glad to have helped. :) As for you moving to the ThunderBolt ... I'm right there with ya! :cool: (My wife will keep my DROID, so she won't be far from me. I've kinda got used to her being around. ;) )

Upvote 0
Glad to have helped. :) As for you moving to the ThunderBolt ... I'm right there with ya! :cool: (My wife will keep my DROID, so she won't be far from me. I've kinda got used to her being around. ;) )

LOL... going to be good having you on the ThunderBolt! My wife will be getting my Droid as well, she is too good to get rid of entirely (both the wife and the droid ;) )

Upvote 0
What launcher are you guys running? LP is really starting to get on my nerves with its redraws.

I'm running ADW EX and love it. I get a couple redraws but not too bad, GB seems to be handling memory differently then Froyo so that might have something to do with it.

Also as far as random reboots go, I was seeing them for a bit until I went to the Milestone Overclock App and the CM 7 standard kernel that Prime modified to allow CompCache. With the Milestone OC App you can actually set the voltage and speed of the processor using the standard CM 7 kernel. I have found that setting the voltage below a certain point gives me the random reboots, found a sweet spot and haven't had any reboots since.

This link should get you started and has everything you need to know about the Milestone OC App, I can't recomend this thing enough...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod/107143-tut-milestone-oc-application-tut.html

Upvote 0
I've had random weirdness with every build since 26, even with full wipes...keep going back to it. As far as Launcher Pro redraws, just change the setting to always keep it in memory and you shouldn't have that issue....my phone is smooth as greased lightning. About to try 33 now. Had to go thru recovery last night though, off of build 31, I had set a pattern lock, then removed it. Next time I went to use the phone, it would not unlock, even after rebooting/pulling the battery/etc.

Upvote 0
Has any one messed with nightly #34 i still use 6.1.2 till 7 comes out but just wanted to know how it going with the builds. :D

I really want to give my droid 7! lol

Been using it as my daily driver for a couple weeks now, solid ROM... I would actually say this is one of their best releases and it is still on nightlys.

Ditch that 6.1.2 and come on over. :)

Upvote 0
That's ENOUGH already!!!

OK, so I love these CM7 nightlies. They just simply work on my DROID. And each night/morning, I am presented with yet another gift of a new ROM to simply d/l and flash right over top the last nightly and away I go. Awesome! Love these ROMs. Love this dev!!!

So why the hell do I keep trying other GB ROMs only to be disappointed with every single one of them?!?! :(

Well, no more!!! I'm done searching! ;)

Upvote 0
[SIZE="6"]That's ENOUGH already!!![/SIZE]

OK, so I love these CM7 nightlies. They just simply work on my DROID. And each night/morning, I am presented with yet another gift of a new ROM to simply d/l and flash right over top the last nightly and away I go. Awesome! Love these ROMs. Love this dev!!!

So why the hell do I keep trying other GB ROMs only to be disappointed with every single one of them?!?! :(

Well, no more!!! I'm done searching! ;)

Agreed! CM has turned out to be the best ROM overall for me. Battery life is pretty good, so long as I "underclock" when it's off. It's been smoother than others and I have not had any real issues with it. Think I've found a winner. : )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones