• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM12.1 UNOFFICIAL RC5

New to the entire community. I've read every single page before I signed up to make this post. I've done some jailbreak work and advised other developers in the iOS community. I came from the stock 4.4.4 made a full backup. Installed this ROM. The only issue I have is with the data going in and out also with Netflix app. I think it both might have something to do with the file the is reads the device info from. Did so searching and discovered it's a file call build.prop I'm going to compare the file to the stock one and see if I can get something going on. My sensors work fine no lag. No screen off when I'm in a call. However I flash the patch the the developer posted if I need it.
Could someone upload the stock build.prop... Lazyness

Upvote 0
New to the entire community. I've read every single page before I signed up to make this post. I've done some jailbreak work and advised other developers in the iOS community. I came from the stock 4.4.4 made a full backup. Installed this ROM. The only issue I have is with the data going in and out also with Netflix app. I think it both might have something to do with the file the is reads the device info from. Did so searching and discovered it's a file call build.prop I'm going to compare the file to the stock one and see if I can get something going on. My sensors work fine no lag. No screen off when I'm in a call. However I flash the patch the the developer posted if I need it.

Welcome to Android Forums, glad to have ya

Reactions: Dhlongfellow
Upvote 0
data works ?

does it seem better or worse

Your ril patch made things worse. I reflashed stock then the ROM with some some changes to the APN and LTE not only works but up getting downloads of 64mbps and uploads about 15mbps.
The ROM is great and I don't plan on going back to stock. Netflix app giving me a error -9 which they recommended restarting the device but I believevits something in the build.prop

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-07-09-56-53.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-07-09-56-53.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_2015-06-07-09-57-01.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-07-09-57-01.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: Dhlongfellow
Upvote 0
That is not a bug. The stock camera app isn't supposed to save pics to the SD card. If you want that you'll need a 3rd party camera app that provides this option.
Oh Ok cuz i have use diff roms for cm 12.1 to google play edition to pac-man rom and all the asop rom save to the sdcard im sorry if i bought it up the rom is great and im just thankfull for all the great work they have put into it and i will keep my concers to myself im sorry and thank you again

Upvote 0
I have metro originally running 444 I never flashed butter but I have flashed all of you zips for fixing ril and sensors. I set my apns to ip6 and radio works fine.

can you tell me if you had working mobile data after you flashed that zip

one guy tells me it does not work, and I am not sure if you flashed the new RIL or not and if you have data afterwards

Upvote 0
why did you reply to that message then

I am trying to get people to test new RIL files for me

Since only one person tested it, it is really not enough, so I think this project is ended,
I would help test the RIL files but I don't have an efficient way to recover anymore. My SD card went black on me. And the rest.....well...I don't know them, I will test them too if you wish

Upvote 0
I would help test the RIL files but I don't have an efficient way to recover anymore. My SD card went black on me. And the rest.....well...I don't know them, I will test them too if you wish
I just install the RIL on my zte zmax and it made my data not work at all I'm using WiFi to post this I'm cm 12.1 on mine I hope that help none on the APN work after the RIL

Upvote 0

Since only one person tested it, it is really not enough, so I think this project is ended,
I just install the RIL on my zte zmax and it made my data not work at all I'm using WiFi to post this I'm cm 12.1 on mine I hope that help none on the APN work after the RIL

Reactions: AJ Casanova
Upvote 0

Don't end the project bro. The ril files made my phone lose signal for good. I wiped reflashed cm still nothing. I Fashed back to stock then back to cm data is back

Edited: That was the first set of ril files. Not the one you just posted

Reactions: hroark13
Upvote 0

I was letting you know that you dont need to make a new ril zip it works fine with out it. I've tested and as long as you set it to ip6 there is no problem. The screen losing touch is more of an issue that that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones