• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM12.1 UNOFFICIAL RC5

i personally think its the zips tha break the wifi on mines
This was why I suggested that it would be best that anyone using switcher zips not report bugs. On official ROM threads on XDA they actually tell you exactly how to install the ROM, which gapps to use and that if you use a custom kernel or delete anything from or add anything to the system not to report bugs.

Basically you should only report bugs if you did a clean install and haven't messed with any of the system files or installed xposed. If you aren't using the ROM exactly how it came don't report bugs.

Reactions: CYCONUMNUM
Upvote 0
no need to be sorry, and I did not mean to sound so harsh in that post

just wanted to make it clear how to do it, after I wrote that I read it and thought I sounded a little impatient or something
No your good man, i just gotta remember not to use those zips if I want WiFi lol quick question though I think its been mentioned, is there a way to get 4g? I get 3g, h+, and lte

Upvote 0
what do you need system r/w access for ?
you did not tell me you installed a switcher

this is my instructions for this rom

install rom
install gapps
factory reset

that is it, if you install other mods or other kernels, dont post you issues in here
if you have an issue, and you have not factory wiped, dont post your issue here
This is why I didn't want to make these zips for your ROM and haven't posted any yet. And also because of the fact that I don't have the time to update them every time you release a new test version. I really wish people could use the ROM the way it comes. I don't see the need for system rw with cm

Upvote 0
This is why I didn't want to make these zips for your ROM and haven't posted any yet. And also because of the fact that I don't have the time to update them every time you release a new test version. I really wish people could use the ROM the way it comes. I don't see the need for system rw with cm
My only reason for rw is ad blocking that's about it and also viper other then that there no big use for it ...

Upvote 0
When you're from RC1 and will flash RC2. What do I wipe so I don't lose all the apps I've downloaded?
you should wipe data and cache, but you will lose the apps you installed

you should backup or apps with tiatanium backup or somother app and then restore with it

Upvote 0
Well I'm almost certain that the new test kernel fixed the problem with the screen becoming unresponsive. I've been listening to music through the headphones for a couple hours and it hasn't frozen once. Normally it would have frozen several times by now.
I second this

Upvote 0
Well I'm almost certain that the new test kernel fixed the problem with the screen becoming unresponsive. I've been listening to music through the headphones for a couple hours and it hasn't frozen once. Normally it would have frozen several times by now.

cool

Upvote 0
I got it to work, only I lost all root access. any ideas to why? never mind got it. so far everything works flawlessly. I'm feeling it! Awesome work hroark! you saved a lot of us from upgrading to another phone. its been years since I had cyanogen mod on an android phone me personally. last phone to work was Huawai Acsend. old school LMAO!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I have made some zips to get r/w on the most recent CM12.1 version as for right now.
THESE ARE TO ONLY WORK FOR CM12.1 RC2. THIS HAVE ONLY BEEN TESTED ON Z970 (T-Mobile Variant). These might work on other ZTE ZMAX variants. These zips switch the boot and recovery image so be careful.

For R/W on /system (Must boot to recovery to access the OS):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2AK3H3Zy_xdklKRHBwaDgtR00/view?usp=sharing
md5: 4597530e3444ce728b503d1980363973

To Restore them back to their partitions:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2AK3H3Zy_xRnNFSlo3NHBXdlU/view?usp=sharing
md5: 4f5cb667f6d550b1448f39242a67db55
this doesnt work on metro phone it killls the wifi !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones