• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cm6 will no longer mount to pc, want to flash back to icarus HELP!

Zenofsong

Apr 15, 2011
After switching to cm6, my phone will no longer munt to pc. Saving files to the sd card via the handset works fine, so does cwm backup, but when i connect to pc for transfer it says card is write protected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just found out i cant even play that online mmorpg for android without crashing the system.

Upvote 0
the usb mount sd protected issue is known...

i'm sure you made sure to tap the mount button and let it turn orange, right?

you should be able to flash cwm 2.1.5.8 just fine and dump the files you want onto sd using a card reader.

if this is not an option, search "flash ascend stock" in the bar up above and do that.

cm6/7 usb mount doesnt work on macs btw.

Upvote 0
Does you absolutely no good when ur trying to flash cwm with no drivers.

Huawei Ascend Drivers ;)

Yea the reason the drivers arent there on the custom ROMs is to save internal storage space. the Stock ROM had a partition formatted as a CD/ROM that held the drivers and autoran if that was enabled on your PC.

Reactions: Zenofsong
Upvote 0
thanks uys i didn't know that thing about macs nor the windows driver dealio.

GUESS what? By the end of this week I'm going to be a motorola charm user on tmobile. All these troubles I've been going through mounting have been for naught.

However, for those reading the thread, cm6 seems to kick much more arse than 7 and it's worth the trouble (not much) getting it going.

Upvote 0
thanks uys i didn't know that thing about macs nor the windows driver dealio.

GUESS what? By the end of this week I'm going to be a motorola charm user on tmobile. All these troubles I've been going through mounting have been for naught.

However, for those reading the thread, cm6 seems to kick much more arse than 7 and it's worth the trouble (not much) getting it going.

good luck with tmobile...and also dont forget to stop in and give us a yell when you get new phone.:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones