• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cm7 boot sound

i placed all the files in the rom and reflash the rom and when it booted up it said welcome to huawei and in about phone it says i have android 2.3.4 so maybe the build prob is for the huawei

I didn't go that route. A little down on that page it has a easy route where you just go into explorer system etc and simply place files where the help me says. No flashing required.

Upvote 0
i placed all the files in the rom and reflash the rom and when it booted up it said welcome to huawei and in about phone it says i have android 2.3.4 so maybe the build prob is for the huawei

I haven't tried the boot sound yet. I'm at work on phandroid. When I get home later ill add a sound file

Reactions: blaxican25
Upvote 0
just had to uncheck the write in my mp3 permissions because when the system rebooted it looked like this android_audio.mp3.mp3 instead of this android_audio.mp3 lol.

I had that droid sound from the droid commercial applied on my phone when it was 2.2, I cant find the mp3, Do you happen to know where i can find it.

Upvote 0
just had to uncheck the write in my mp3 permissions because when the system rebooted it looked like this android_audio.mp3.mp3 instead of this android_audio.mp3 lol.

Anybody that applies this to your phone when you put your mp3 to your sd card for some reason it will add a extra .mp3 to the named file, just rename it in your sd card dropping the extra .mp3 , Then move the audio file to /data/local then your boot sound will work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones