• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CM7...should I?

Deck's is great, glad you're liking it. I ran the 1.3 stable for a long time, but there are a bunch of guys in the XDA thread who swear by the 1.3d beta, which is based off 2.3.5 rather than 2.3.7 like stable. I held out until just recently, and honestly, I get even better battery off the 1.3d. Everything works, not sure why it was ever considered a beta....it's rock solid for sure.

Upvote 0
Decks is awesome, but unfortunately the Tiamat 3.3.7 kernel made my phone all wonky. The lockscreen would freeze and screen transitions were choppy. I guess I will need to look into another kernel if I don't like the default one. So far everything is running smooth as silk. Just don't know about battery life, yet. It's on the charger now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones