• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I installed a CM9 Linaro from over at XDA. It was cool, but I couldn't figure out how to do anything such as load apps like Google Play Store so I could download all my other apps. How does one do that? Do I have to get the Play Store .apk file and install it somehow? I guess the bigger concern is if any of my apps would work on CM9.

There should be a link with the type of rom you installed for gapps. That will install all the standard Google apps. I haven't run much cm9, but when I ran cm7 on my old DROID x I was able to do titanium restores of all my apps no problem. It's just a different version of android so you shouldn't have any problems. Just make sure you don't restore any system files (home screen, and bt settings, wifi profiles etc.) a lot of that probably won't work if you restore because the file layouts are switched.

Also, keep in kind that on cm9 the SD cards are switched (internal shows as external and vice versa) , so titanium or my backup pro won't find your backups until you change the backup location.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones