• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Codec for Downloading 720p video files

Are there any apps out there that take the movie file and apply the right codec to it so that the file can be downloaded in 720p? Is this something HTC is planning on updating or did they do it intentionally for some reason? Can I upload files to youtube from my phone in 480p?

Are there any apps out there that take the movie file and apply the right codec to it so that the file can be downloaded in 720p? Is this something HTC is planning on updating or did they do it intentionally for some reason? Can I upload files to youtube from my phone in 480p?

Movie files recorded at 720p on the phone can be downloaded from the phone and retain their 720p-ness by simply copying the recorded file. Connect the phone and browse to the .3gp file, select it and copy it onto your computer.

If that's not what you mean, please provide some clarification:

1) What movie file? Are you talking about videos on the phone, like videos recorded by the camera?

2) Downloaded how? Are you talking about uploading the video to a website like Youtube? Are you talking about copying the video from the phone to a computer?

3) What do you mean by "apply" the codec? Are you talking about re-encoding the file into a different format/codec, or are you talking about being able to play a video file that is otherwise not playable by the phone because the phone doesn't have the particular codec (e.g., advanced H.264)?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones