• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Colonrnote help

Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer notes from colornote into a new android phone? Or to a macbook? I know there is an email function but I haven't been able to do that because I got a new phone so my SIM won't work in my old one. And I tried just opening the backed up notes on my mac from my SD card but they are in .dat file format and just come up as a bunch of strange characters. Please let me know if you can help, I would really appreciate it if I can save my notes :)

Can you connect your old phone to wifi and email that way?

I did that when my husband went from iphone to inspire. Just turned iphone on connect to wifi network open notepad and start emailing. Then just open the emails on the new phone.

Or if it's backed up on the sd card can't you just put in the sd card to the new phone and download the same notepad app then open them on the phone that way?

Upvote 0
I had tried both of those already but hadn't been able to. The email function doesn't seem to be working even on wifi, which i think is because there is no SIM, but when I try to put the SIM back into the old phone it won't read it. And I don't think you can open files in the app, so even though they are on my SD card I haven't been able to open them on the new phone. I'm not really sure if there is anything I can do, thank you for trying to help though.

Upvote 0
Well, on my colornote there's like a long list of options (22 in fact) when I click on send. What seems to be the most useful are:
1. Bluetooth - probably needs colornote on the other phone as well
2. Evernote and SpringPad - it will create a note on Evernote or SpringPad that is an exact copy of your note. It will be synced to cloud anyway, so once you log in on your new phone to the corresponding app, it will automatically download your notes

Personally, although I began with colornote, I've since migrated to SpringPad for my lists and phone notes. Can do everything colornote can and more, including more tiers of organizing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones