1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support coloured LED on front of DEFY

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jamle, Feb 17, 2011.

1. jamle

jamle Newbie
    None

Nov 21, 2010
    student
    South England
    Hi Boys and Girls.

Ive noticed a small LED in top left corner of the defy occasionally and after seeing how cool having a colour for each contact is on my girlfriends blackberry tried to do the same with the defy.
    Downloaded "LED Tester" which has DEFY on compatible list. And... it works!! however i cant seem to find an app that will assign different colours to different tasks "blink" is the popular colour LED download but doesnt seem to work on the DEFY. any help be great, and sure we would all like a funky coloured light on phone :D

Advertisement

2. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker
    Under your bed
    OK first, this is pure conjecture, Handcent (text) allows you to set up LED notification color for any texts. My speculation is that you will need to find a contact management app that has this option by contact. I have no idea if such an app exists

3. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    I would think that the LED would get lost from the display of the contact's name, number, and icon or big "photo" of the person calling. I can't think of an instance where the LED would be visible, and the screen would not...but to each there own.

K-9 Mail
    also allows you to customize LED color however I'm not sure if its on a "per contact" basis.