• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root com.android.phone*****phone.apk problem

mmosley77

Lurker
Apr 13, 2012
I've got the MikG 3.11 deoxed version rom installed on my Evo 4G. I used the method at the beginning of this post to fix my voicemailnotification last night. Now, my voicemail notifications are working.....BUT,my phone.apk must beon theblitz cause if i try to make or recieveANYkind of phone call I get the error "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" I can't make or receive phone calls at all now. I need to either fix it or get ahold of the original files to get it back working till i can figure it out later.....but right now i'm screwed cause i can't make any calls. Help please!

I've got the MikG 3.11 deoxed version rom installed on my Evo 4G. I used the method at the beginning of this post to fix my voicemailnotification last night. Now, my voicemail notifications are working.....BUT,my phone.apk must beon theblitz cause if i try to make or recieveANYkind of phone call I get the error "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" I can't make or receive phone calls at all now. I need to either fix it or get ahold of the original files to get it back working till i can figure it out later.....but right now i'm screwed cause i can't make any calls. Help please!

wipe dalvic and cache see if that helps if not reflash the rom

Upvote 0
Thanks guys! I will definitely try those items and see what happens. I also messed up and just copied/pasted my problem from another thread that i never got any feedback on....that's why it says "I tried the voicemail fix noted at the beginning of this thread". Just to give everyone more info...I have my Evo on Boost....and tried the voicemail fix at this thread....http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ead-evo-boost-voicemail-notifier-2.html...and that's where my problem came from. I will definitely try the items you noted and post back with my results....thanks again!

Upvote 0
Well, I tried to clear the cache, and the dalvic cache....and, did the permissions fix......none worked. I REALLY hate to do a reflash of the rom when all I need is the original phone.apk file....that's all i need is that...easy fix but i just don't have the file. Is there a way of getting it out of the rom zip file without reflashing my phone again so I don't have to go through and install 20 apps over again and setup my phone all over again?

Upvote 0
Well, I tried to clear the cache, and the dalvic cache....and, did the permissions fix......none worked. I REALLY hate to do a reflash of the rom when all I need is the original phone.apk file....that's all i need is that...easy fix but i just don't have the file. Is there a way of getting it out of the rom zip file without reflashing my phone again so I don't have to go through and install 20 apps over again and setup my phone all over again?

yes you can extract it out of the rom and replace it you should do it from usb in recovery and not in the rom.

Upvote 0
I just did exactly that and it's back to working like a charm again! Thanks guys for the help.....now, if i can only get this annoying voicemail notification working again...lol. I posted in the forum where i got my rom from and someone stated the problem was that i was using a phone.apk file for a different version of Sense and he suggested getting ahold of the author of the file to see what changes he made....but i don't have a clue on that one. Internet research usually does the trick though! Thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones