• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Complete rooting guide is now available

Hello is there anyone that nose how to root my x10 straight from my phone i new about z4root but it was removed is there anyway of helping me as i dont no have a computre to use as mine recently broke santa didnt get me a new obe helpasap please :))
If your on 2.1 use the guide on the second post on this thread its my root/flash guide.
Step By Step Flahing 1.6 to 2.1

Upvote 0
Just finished rooting.
Completely easy no hassles no errors. Everything that was brand related gone. All sony ericson apps but one gone. Home button defaulted to Zeam. Also an interesting note I had already upgraded my phone to latest firmware and because of this I did not loose any data. I ended up with a rooted phone with all my installed apps and data in tact.

Hi, please can you explain what rooting your phone means? I have an x10 if that helps. I've looked around and can't seem to understand it. I am currently running the official 2.1 update from SE, but I'm using Zeam too (which is far better i think).
You also said you still had all yours apps and I really don't want to lose all mine it's such a nuisance!
Any help you can give will be appreciated. Thank you!

Upvote 0
Hi, please can you explain what rooting your phone means? I have an x10 if that helps. I've looked around and can't seem to understand it. I am currently running the official 2.1 update from SE, but I'm using Zeam too (which is far better i think).
You also said you still had all yours apps and I really don't want to lose all mine it's such a nuisance!
Any help you can give will be appreciated. Thank you!

google is your friend ;)
android root - Google Search
Why Root - Android Wiki

Upvote 0
Brilliant thing this program, lovely !!

Just a minor problem: Tried it on Win XP and it complaned that it would not work with .NET framework somehow (i updated it ,, no change)
So i just ran it in my Win 7 laptop and voila..no problems.
It was done on Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro (android 2.1-update)

Upvote 0
hi there... im totally new in this rooting and all plus im not a techy guy..i gone through the how to.txt and is says
Open regedit and search the String :
"USB\Vid_0fce&Pid_adde\"
You will find the "DeviceInstance" should look like this :
"USB\Vid_0fce&Pid_adde\1&23cfa456&7&8"
copy the last part "1&23cfa456&7&8" into the DeviceID.txt file.

prob is where to find it???
pls help...thanx alot

Upvote 0
hi there... im totally new in this rooting and all plus im not a techy guy..i gone through the how to.txt and is says
Open regedit and search the String :
"USB\Vid_0fce&Pid_adde\"
You will find the "DeviceInstance" should look like this :
"USB\Vid_0fce&Pid_adde\1&23cfa456&7&8"
copy the last part "1&23cfa456&7&8" into the DeviceID.txt file.

prob is where to find it???
pls help...thanx alot

I have no idea what you are trying to do.

Start a new thread and ask your question.

This guide is really old.

The other guide is a lot better....I should probably make it a sticky thread and keep it at the top.

http://androidforums.com/x10-all-things-root/272949-flashtool-guide-how-n00bies.html

Try another USB port.

Upvote 0
I opened up my registry but could not find the file STRING or anything to do with usb part on it do i have to put phone on my computer 1st with usb with the sony program because i have just got the phone so not got the sony update program on computer & not used usb cable on computer yet will this make difference. Don't want the phone to update because then might make it harder to root ?

Thanks for any help
JENZO

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones