• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Computer not recognizing phone even with drivers installed

Treep

Lurker
Aug 20, 2013
Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my Reverb. I'm trying to connect it via USB cable to my computer so I can move some music onto it. However, Windows refuses to recognize the device. I already had this problem, and it did work for the one time I tried it. But now, even with the drivers installed on my computer, Windows will not recognize the phone, saying that "the most up to date drivers are already installed". If that is so, what's the problem?

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my Reverb. I'm trying to connect it via USB cable to my computer so I can move some music onto it. However, Windows refuses to recognize the device. I already had this problem, and it did work for the one time I tried it. But now, even with the drivers installed on my computer, Windows will not recognize the phone, saying that "the most up to date drivers are already installed". If that is so, what's the problem?

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance!
try plugging in with usb debugging enabled.
settings>developer options>usb debugging

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones