• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Configuring accounts -- mystery

I have a samsung galaxy s.
Recently changed jobs, acquired a new email account on a microsoft exchange server.
In addition, I have a gmail account, and a pop3 account (which for many years has been my personal email).
I would like to:
1) have all my email visible on my galaxy s
2) ideally, if I respond to an email, have that response appear as if it comes from the same account that it was sent to.
3) sync my outlook calendar and my outlook contacts to the galaxy s.

I have tried to figure out how to do this many times, and keep screwing things up, sometimes confounding the problem. I believe at least some of the problem is that I don't understand the difference between the gmail app on my phone and the email app on my phone and the different configuration settings for each. Can anyone out there help? marta :thinking:

Welcome to the Android Forums!

The Gmail app is specifically used to sync with Google Gmail. It's not typically used to sync from any other email source. The standard email app can be used to sync with other email sources using POP3 or IMAP protocols. If you're going to be connecting to an Exchange server it is usually easier to install a third party email app on your phone like Touchdown

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nitrodesk.nitroid

This app will do most all of the things that you indicated that you wanted...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones