• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Configuring SDK to Test Roms?

ere109

Lurker
Jul 19, 2011
Denver
I did the root on my phone last weekend and am now lost in a maze of rom research. I'd like to be able to test some of them on an emulator first, if possible. Is the virtual machine in the Android SDK capable of loading roms, and, if so, what are the settings that match the Thunderbolt?
If not, is there another method to "test" roms without having to load each one to my phone?

Thanks!

ive seem emulators that let you "test drive" android on a PC,so im sure its possible. getting it to work,tho is prolly way over my head! my friend and i were talkin about this the other day. ive been meaning to research it,but havent gotten to it yet.

i for one,think its fun to just keep loading them up on my phone :) run them for a couple days then pick one :D

Upvote 0
Once you have titanium backup switching roms really isn't that bad. Also after you narrow out what you are looking for in a rom you can decide I don't need to try this one for whatever reason. For example it is going to take some really amazing reviews for me to go back to a sense based rom.

One thing that got me to flash a rom daily was using nightlys on the D1, I got in the habit of not always wiping and ended up having issues, got the paid titanium backup and I now it is less trouble to change a rom than changing my daughter's diapers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones