• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Conflict with Google Assistant

lunatic59

Moderati ergo sum
Jun 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
www.cmgd.net
I've discovered an interesting situation with Assistant and Android wear.

I had my phone and my watch both set to listen for "okay google" to launch assistant. The problem is that the phone, even though it was in my pocket, it was picking up my voice when I said "okay google" to my watch.

Here's what happened. I was getting into my car this morning and the wife asked me to pick up a few things at the market (yes, I know it's cliché, but it really happened that way ;) ). I had my phone in my pocket (New LG G6) and said "okay google" to my watch (Fossil Q Founder running Android Wear 2.0), which started assistant on both devices. I then said "Remind me to go to the market at 12:30." and i saw the familiar reminder being set.

Now, 12:30 comes and goes and I don't get the reminder. Hmmmm. So I fire up assistant on my phone and say "show me my reminders" ... nothing happens. I quit assistant and tried again. After several failed attempts I rebooted my phone. Now when I launched assistant it responded but the reminder that I was sure was saved from my watch wasn't there.

I decided to give it a test. With the phone on my desk, I said "okay google" and both devices started listening. I said "remind me to go to the market at 1:30." Like the earlier reminder, the watch showed me a reminder being saved for 1:30 p.m. This is where it gets interesting. The phone also heard the reminder request and set it up, but did not save it. It was waiting for a confirmation. I let it sit for a minute to see if it would time out, bot the screen remained unchanged. When I tried to confirm it, the screen would not respond. I could neither confirm nor cancel. And, when I tried to launch assistant the screen came up but it wasn't listening. It wouldn't respond to voice commands.

Looks like an unforeseen bug. Since I primarily use my watch to set reminders and appointments, I've disabled "okay google" on my phone for the time being.

Reactions: Unforgiven
I've been having this exact problem having multiple phones and a Huawei watch. :(
5866dd914f27431d60cb91043ceb27d3_mine-seagulls-meme-memesuper-seagulls-mine-meme_625-428.jpeg

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones