• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Confusing Phone List

motog

Apr 20, 2014
I use a Moto g 4g running Android 5.1 and it seems since the upgrade I am finding the phone list confusing.
When bringing up my list of contacts they don't display the number like they used to so I don't know if I am calling a landline or mobile till I touch call, if its not the right one I hang up and use another.
Also in the list is email addresses? I don't want that, this is my phone directory, I only want phone numbers ideally to be displayed in the list.
Am I doing something wrong? or missing something?

Alan

How are the numbers displaying, is the spacing or hyphening wrong? What country are you in because phone number formats are usually country specific. Also in some couuntries it's quite easy to determine mobile from a landline number, e.x. UK mobile numbers always start 07xxxxxxxxxx, China it's always 1xxxxxxxxx for mobile and usually 0xxx-xxxxxxx or 0xxx-xxxxxxxx for landlines. North America don't know.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I am in UK, my 'phone' list contains numbers in all sorts of combinations, they all work just not very neat.
I have just been through the list deleting multiple entries one series of these was 'reply to message' with at least 30 entries? No phone number just a long link to something to do with Facebook (I am not even on Facebook!)
All most annoying.

Alan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones