• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Connectbot doesn't work

U2XS

Lurker
Mar 15, 2012
Surprisingly connectbot does not work on my phone. I am able to install & run the app. However, when it gets to the part where it is connected to the server, it will ask for a password. If the password is incorrect it will inform me & try again. If the password is correct a popup will appear that says:

Sorry!

The application Connectbot (process org.connectbot) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

'Force Close'

Has anyone seen this or do you know how to fix it?

Surprisingly connectbot does not work on my phone. I am able to install & run the app. However, when it gets to the part where it is connected to the server, it will ask for a password. If the password is incorrect it will inform me & try again. If the password is correct a popup will appear that says:

Has anyone seen this or do you know how to fix it?

This was happening to me, then I realized I had installed the "tablet" version of connectbot, so I removed that, installed the "master" version instead, and it stopped doing that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones