• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Consistent Internal Memory Issue

Ok, so i've been having this problem for I don't know how long. My internal memory will be fine one day( 40mb considering i've never been able to get passed that since I dont know when) then i'll install an app or 2 then it'll drastically go down to like 10mb and I dont understand why. I dont have nearly as much apps as everyone says they can have and that's one of the main purposes of me getting this phone was for the numerous apps I thought I would be able to install. I'm constantly having to delete apps without fully enjoying them yet because my stinking memory always declines. I can barely update my apps that I need to update because of insuffecient storage. I go in and transfer most apps to the SD card and clear some data from all apps that data can be taken from. Will I have to do a factory reset? If so what does that consist of, like what all will that delete? I'm always scared to delete data and the cache for some reason. I guess i'm just not understanding why my phone is always low in memory. Sorry for the long post but i just needed to address the issue fully. Also my phone is not rooted. Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones