• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contact sync help needed please

Esabasard

Dec 16, 2009
Hello all, I am asking this question to help a friend of mine who just bought an eris. I have a moto droid, but apparently there are differences that I can't help her with.

She is having trouble getting her gmail contacts to sync with her phone. Some are there, but when she types a new one into gmail it does not get pushed down to her phone. She said that contacts sync is turned on in the settings menu. Also, is it possible to only sync certain gmail contact groups? Thanks

In the People app, go to the third icon along the bottom - groups. Press menu. From there, press "Sync Groups" and you can set the groups to sync with gmail contacts.

Also, from home, go to settings->Data Synchronization->Google and make sure that background sync, auto-sync, and contacts are all checked.

Reactions: Esabasard
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones