1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Contacts export help SGS2

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by LynneV, Sep 14, 2011.

1. LynneV

LynneV Lurker
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Yorkshire england
    Well i have a big problem ..... my new s2 comes tomorrow and this one is being returned as its more of a radiator than a phone! However all my numbers are stored to the phone I've exported them to the sim card (i think ) but i can't check if they have copied aand what does syncing to my Google address do??? Please help this techno phobe :(

Advertisement

2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    If you have a Google account on your phone, all of your contacts are automatically sync to your Google Account. A good way to check is to open your Gmail and look at your contact list. All your contact on your phone should be on the list.

Once you get your new phone and after you enter your Google Account and password, you're asked if you want to sync your Google Account (I forget if this is auto or not) but your contact is on your new phone.

3. LynneV

LynneV Lurker
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Yorkshire england
    I can't find anywhere in googlemail at all where it shows contacts. i feel like crying why can't it just be smoke to use phones these days :( think i should of got a Nokia 8210 lol!!

4. LynneV

LynneV Lurker
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Yorkshire england
    Easy not smoke... Lol

5. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    When you're in your Gmail on your computer, look in the top left corner (Ignore my Gmail theme) where you see "mail", "contacts", and "tasks"...

[​IMG]

Once you have your contacts saved here, all you'll have to do is sign into your phone and BOOM all your contacts will automatically sync up with Google via the cloud. :)

Also my advice is whenever you add a new contact in your phone, save the contact via Google instead of saving it to the phone (Phone should give you this option when you add a contact). This will add them to your Google contacts and auto sync in the future with new phones when you sign in.

El Presidente and Roze like this.