• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contract ends soon. i dont know....

Warrior 3000

Nov 22, 2009
okay so i have a sprint HTC hero. iv had it since like day one and i bought it off of a guy on the streets. so my 2 year plan was not extended or anything. in june my sprint contract ends and im able to leave or upgrade. should i..

A. stick with sprint and keep my hero

b. stick with sprint and use my upgrade and get a new sprint phone.

c. get rid of sprint, go to AT&T and get an iphone.

okay so i have a sprint HTC hero. iv had it since like day one and i bought it off of a guy on the streets. so my 2 year plan was not extended or anything. in june my sprint contract ends and im able to leave or upgrade. should i..

Have you been happy with the Hero?
Have you been happy with Sprint?
How's the cell coverage where you normaly are with Sprint?
How's the cell coverage where you normaly are with AT&T?
How much more $ a month do you want to spend?

Upvote 0
It's up to you, but I doubt you'll get many votes for #3. The only reason for you to do that is if you get poor reception with Sprint and you know ATT is good where you are, otherwise you'll be paying more money for the same services.

My vote would be keep the Hero, and when a phone comes out that you want, go renew your contract and get it.

Upvote 0

Stick with Sprint...upgrade to the next two years and wait for the next best thing to come out (MOST DEF THIS YEAR)....the "phone upgrade" will stay with you even though you choose not to use it at the time of the 2 year contract.

Then when what you want comes down the pipes...you get it for the 179.00 or so :)

Thats what I did with my Hero...I had a blackberry from day one and after two years ...still didn't want anything but a touch screen (EXCEPT the instinct - not a fan), so I waited and signed a new contract and when the Hero came out I POUNCED...lol.

Upvote 0
Being a former AT&T customer I wouldn't recommend going to them, unless you get an iPhone. If you go with them and you don't have one, prepare for the worst customer service ever! AT&T is completely geared to the iPhone, if you don't have one you're a second class customer. I'd say stick with Sprint and wait for the new 4G HTC Google phone.

Upvote 0
Save the contract and phone upgrade, wait a few months, Sprint beats out AT&T IMO (My brother is an AT&T rep in Chicago, and has both the iPhone and a Sprint phone, and even admits that his Sprint phone gets cell service in some places in Chicago that his iPhone Doesn't!, and he has never been in a situation where he only get service on his AT&T phone and not on his Sprint phones... that says a lot about Sprint).

Also, some BIG things should be coming out in the next half-year regarding 4G, so STICK WITH SPRINT!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones